What is Skin Whitening Treatment?
Skin whitening treatment, also known as skin lightening or a skin bleaching process, aids in the enhancement of a fair complexion by utilising a chemical substance known as Glutathione. It’s an attempt to lighten the darker skin tone and provide a more even skin tone.
Skin whitening treatment helps in the following ways:
- It reduces the melanin content of the skin
- It can help with dark spots, melasma, sun damage, and freckles
- It also reduces fine lines, age spots, scars, and other marks
- It lightens the skin and makes it evenly toned.
Is Skin Lightening Treatment Permanent?
The effects of skin lightening treatments can last for several months to several years.
Dermatologists advise the following precautions to maintain the results of any skin-lightening treatment:
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Using a good sunscreen to shield your skin from the sun’s harmful rays
- Maintaining a basic skin-care regimen
- Choosing maintenance sessions on a regular basis
- Consuming a well-balanced diet and increasing your water intake
- Bleaching agents and chemical peels have temporary effects. Laser treatments, on the other hand, provide a relatively long-term solution for skin lightening. Tattoos can be permanently removed with laser treatment.
Skin Lightening FAQ’s
IS SKIN LIGHTENING TREATMENT SAFE?
Yes, skin lightening treatments such as the laser, chemical peels and lightening injections are considered safe as they aim to reduce the production of melanin in the skin. However, it is advisable to consult a certified dermatologist to know which skin lightening treatment option is best for you.
DOES SKIN LIGHTENING PEEL THE SKIN?
There are various treatments for skin lightening, including chemical peels. Ask an expert dermatologist to recommend the procedure suitable for you.
WHY IS MY SKIN GETTING DARKER WITH AGE?
As you age, the skin loses its ability to repair itself, and the damage caused over the years may result in an accumulation of melanin in the upper layers and a darker skin tone than before.