Shockwave Therapy at Our Clinic
The doctors at Limelight Wellness Clinic are trained to provide the best care using the latest technology, such as our top of the line shockwave therapy machines.
Shockwave Therapy is a technology also known as EPAT and Pressure Wave which treats acute and chronic pain. If you are suffering from knee pain, heel pain, achilles, foot pain, ankle pain, tennis elbow, shoulder pain, calcium deposit we will relieve your pain. It can also be used for trigger point therapy, sports injuries, scar tissue, stress fractures, enhances bone healing and cellulitis.
The treatment works by providing accelerated tissue repair and growth, restoring mobility and providing an analgesic effect. Treatment results appear after 1 or 3 treatments and there is no downtime.
After a thorough assessment you will receive one of the best shockwave therapy treatments right here in our physiotherapy clinic. Shockwave Therapy treats acute and chronic pain:
- Knee pain
- Heel pain and spurs
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Foot pain
- Ankle pain
- Tennis elbow and Golfer’s elbow
- Shoulder pain
- Plantar Faciitis
- Myofascial Trigger Points pain
It can also be used for sports injuries, scar tissue, stress fractures, enhances bone healing and cellulitis.
Why Choose Limelight Wellness for Shockwave Therapy in Vancouver
One-on-one shockwave treatment provided by experienced registered physiotherapists
Our equipment is high quality and FDA Approved to ensure you get the best results possible.
Located right next to Yaletown-Roundhouse subway station.
Our Patients Love Us
Over 100 five star reviews proves clinic’s excellence in delivering high quality patient care
How does Shockwave Treatment Work?
Shockwave treatment can help you get relief through various effects, such as:
- Skin Cell Treatments –The shockwave treatment impacts the chemical makeup of tissues at the cellular level.
- Increased Blood Flow – Shockwave treatments help to normalize blood flow through their revascularization effect.
- Reduction of Muscle Tone – Shockwave treatments can reduce the contraction of muscles and eliminate issues of neuro-cognitive pain. The process reduces muscle spasm and tone and even helps with easing the trigger points.
- Pain Relief – Shockwave therapy can prevent the transmission of pain signals to the brain as they directly impact the nerves and stop the transmission of pain signals.
What to Expect from Shockwave Treatment?
The expert physiotherapist will evaluate your condition and determine if shockwave treatment will be able to resolve your condition. If you qualify for treatment, we will use state of the art equipment to conduct a shockwave therapy session which lasts 3 to 5 minutes.
The physiotherapist can also use other techniques such as manual therapy and medication to provide a holistic treatment for better recovery.
Benefits of Shockwave Therapy?
- No Negative Side Effects
- Accelerated Healing
- Ease of Use
- Covered by Most Insurance Companies
Treatment results appear after 1 or 3 treatments and there is no downtime.
Shockwave Therapy for Calcium Deposit
Calcium build-up is most often a result of micro-tears or other trauma to a tendon. Acoustic waves break up the existing calcifications. Shockwave therapy starts the decalcification of the calcium build-up of a toothpaste-like consistency and treats the tendon. The granular particles of calcium are then removed by the lymphatic system. Shockwave therapy has been demonstrated to be an effective therapy and can be used as an alternative to surgery.