Acupuncture in Vancouver Downtown
Schedule an Appointment with Our Registered Acupuncturists
Azadeh is a Registered Acupuncturist (R.AC.) in British Columbia, Canada and certified by the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of British Columbia (CTCMA), as well as a member of Canadian Association of Medical Spas & Aesthetic Surgeons (CAMACS). She also holds a Medical Doctor (MD) degree in Western Medicine from Azad Tehran Medical University, Iran.
Parisa (Fatemeh) Taslimi is a registered acupuncturist (R.Ac.) and a member of College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of BC (CTCMA). She graduated as a medical doctor with a degree in Pediatrics in 1998 from Tehran University, and practiced in this field for 15 years. After settling in Canada in 2013, she pursued Eastern Chinese Medicine at International College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Vancouver. Parisa’s main focus lies on Laser Acupuncture, Needle Acupuncture, Electro Acupuncture, Ear Acupuncture, and Cupping.
Why Choose Our Acupuncturist?
Individualized consultation provided by registered acupuncturist
Direct Insurance Billing
We work with most insurers and can bill them directly on your behalf.
Located right next to Yaletown-Roundhouse subway station.
Our Patients Love Us
Over 80 five star reviews proves clinic’s excellence in delivering high quality patient care
How Acupuncture Can Help You:
World Health Organization has recognized acupuncture is an effective treatment for more than 80 conditions. Acupuncture can be regarded as the method of choice for treating many chronically painful conditions around the world, including Vancouver. The effectiveness of this ancient Chinese medical system has already been established in controlled clinical studies.
Acupuncture originated in China over 3,000 years ago. It is part of the Traditional Chinese Medicine system. Acupuncture helps to prevent illnesses by improving the overall functionality of the body’s immune and organ systems. Acupuncture has the ability to:
- Relieve pain
- Enhance immunity
- Balance, harmonize and strengthen the activity of the internal organs
- Relax and strengthen the muscular and skeletal systems
- Calm the mind; relieve anxiety and nervousness Women’s Health
Acupuncture for Women’s Health
Acupuncture can relieve muscular pain by releasing of endorphin. It also can improve the flow of blood (and qi or energy) and oxygen to the affected organs (like uterus and ovaries) by releasing some neuropeptides.
In other words, it can help with:
- Menstrual irregularity and primary dysmenorrhea
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Female anovulatory infertility
- Labor and delivery facilitation, malposition of fetus
- Morning sickness
- Insufficient lactation
- Menopausal symptoms (hot flashes)
Acupuncture uses techniques including needles, electroacupuncture, cupping, moxa and ear seeds or needles for the treatment.
The main indications include:
- Pain treatment mood and mental disorders
- Mood and mental disorders
A number of endocrine, hormonal and digestive disorders Also, by electrical point finder, we can find the active ear points indicating disorders of the body and then treat them via needles, low-frequency pulses ( without needle), or pressure massage on ear seeds.
Cosmetic Acupuncture Vancouver Downtown
This is not just about beauty but about health; and a natural procedure to enhance beauty and delay aging, without any side effect. The holistic view of TCM means that all organs are related to each other. Therefore, to treat skin problems, one must consider the various internal organs that influence it. Because of that, Acupuncture treats the body besides the face.
By using different techniques, Facial Acupuncture:
- Increases local blood circulation, moisture, free movement of fluid and the capability to dispel secretions( lymph circulation)
- Improves collagen production and muscle tone;
- helps tighten and lift the skin
- Helps clear fine lines and reduce deep wrinkles
- Reduces bags, sagging, and puffiness
Laser Acupuncture (LA) and Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
(Parisa Teslimi’s Services)
Laser acupuncture is defined as the stimulation of acupuncture points with low-intensity, non-thermal laser irradiation (Cold Laser or Low Level Laser), instead of metal needles. TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and therapy with light are both traditions that are thousands of years old.
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) or Cold laser Therapy/ Photobiomodulation, with the power of lower than 500 mw, uses red and infrared laser beam to decrease inflammation, promote blood circulation, and promote tissue regeneration and healing.
Why Laser Acupuncture instead of Needle Acupuncture?
- A very good option for people with needle-phobia and also for children
- A very good option for people on blood thinner medication, so no bruise due to metal needle
- A non-invasive, safe, aseptic technique
- Faster result than metal needle in some cases
- Deeper penetration than metal needle, so stronger effect for major joints problems
- More prominent healing result in most cases; because in LA we can communicate with cells by using the specific frequencies (photo bio modulation and bio resonance)
Medical Application of Laser Acupuncture
PAIN & INJURIES; NEUROPATHIES
- Myofacial pain, musculoskeletal, neck stiffness
- Joints, knee, shoulder, elbow, hip, wrist, ankle, small joints, spine – (Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Bulging and herniated discs, Chondromalacia patella)
Ligaments and tendons.
Tendinitis, bursitis, synovitis (like De Quervain`s tenosynovitis, rotator cuff tear)
- Migraine, tension headache
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Restless leg syndrome
- Paresis; post stroke, cerebral palsy
- Bell`s palsy
- Heel spur
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Temporomandibular joint problem (TMJ)
- Post herpetic neuralgia (PHN)
DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, STRESS
- Attention deficit syndrome (ADS)
- Cerebral palsy
- Morning sickness
- Premature ovarian failure ( POF)
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn`s disease
- Liver function issue, Gallbladder function problem
- Quit smoking